Our mission is to strengthen the system of fire and emergency services in San Diego County. We will:
- Provide fire and emergency service responders with funding for basic equipment, training and related materials, operational needs, station improvements, communication resources and planning to enable the delivery of top notch infield medical and rescue services and effective fire prevention and suppression services.
- Increase public awareness of the agencies in San Diego County providing emergency medical and fire services, their needs and the role of the San Diego Fire Foundation in meeting those needs with the help of donors throughout our region.
- Facilitate multi-jurisdictional coordination and cooperation between cities, fire departments, county agencies, and other foundations.
The Foundation seeks strong and effective emergency services to provide quality fire protection and emergency services throughout San Diego County. It established this mission when first founded in 1989. The test of time proves that this mission is as relevant today as it was then.
Much progress has been made during those years at every fire agency in San Diego County, but the nature of our environment and increases in population continue to create challenges in the delivery of top notch medical, rescue and fire services. The biggest improvements have been in the:
- Multi-jurisdictional coordination and cooperation with joint dispatch centers and automatic mutual aid with the closest unit responding without regard to jurisdictional boundaries; and
- Fire apparatus and fire and medical equipment